Re: [Shaku] Embouchure, sound, exercise

From: Stav Tapuch (tapuch@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 09:48:23 PDT

>Let me kick things off in another direction. Let's talk about embouchure,

This is a great post. Thank you.

One noteworthy relationship I have seen is the connection between physical
exercise and my sound. For me personally my sound is dramatically fuller
and stronger the day after I have had a good cardio-vascular work-out.
(Sadly, I exercise iregularly so I have lots of opportunities to make
comparisions.) And, surprisingly, regular exercise seems to have a bigger
impact on my sound than 10 minutes of RO. Or is 10 minutes of RO done
properly a good cardio-vascular work-out on its own? Maybe I am just
producing the same results a different way... (Of course this must be very
personal, wouldn't surprise me if this connection wsa non-existant for
others.)

Anyone else observe this as well?