Re: [Shaku] Embouchure, sound, exercise

From: JASON CASTNER (jchanwagenki@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 11:02:44 PDT

Let me kick things off in another direction. Let's
 talk about embouchure,

Lately while playing I have been concentrating on
smiling and then returning to my normal embrouchure.
Ive found smiling while playing changes my lip
embrouchure so much and sounds really good to me.

Ive also been trying to fill my cheeks with air and
play the shakuhachi by slowly squeezing my cheeks
while keeping a tight embrochure so that I can inhale
through my nose. Ive had some success but thats
pretty tough. :) Can anyone circular breath???
while playing the shaku??

Now heres a question, how long can everyone blow Ro on
one breath while blowing powerfully / softly. just so
that I can compare to others - thanks If your curious
I play 25 seconds powerfully, 45 seconds softly.

Jason

Yahoo! Mail