[Shaku] Re: shakuhachi V1 #853

From: greg Bartlett (icewrath@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 01:26:20 PDT

Herb you speak the essence of zen. I find that playing the shakuhachi
calms my mind. Yes we should play for peace. A great man, and pretty
good shakuhachi maker, (my father) once said "They can't pull your chain
if you aren't holding onto the other end of it".

Conflict is good. It brings out the child in the childish and the sage
in the enlightened man. I have never lived in a world where people were
always nice to me and I don't expect that fantasy to happen here either.
I am very grateful to have this place where we can all have an exchange.
I know how much work it would be for him to have to moderate this and
wouldn't wish it on him. It would be great if we can all be accepting
and forgiving and not stoop to the level of those we wish to repremand.
Instead we should set the the tone by being responsible. Confucious said
"The inferior man is cringing but not polite. The superior man is polite
but not cringing."

Namaste to all of you good and bad in the true sense of "my soul salutes
your soul"

Greg

www.bigrockflutes.com