[Shaku] Blank Posts

From: Bruce Jones (bjones@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 07:27:29 PDT

I've gotten a couple of notices from folks that they've received
emty postings. In both cases, the messages were ones that I'd edited
to remove excess forwarding (197 lines of auto-forwarded replies
stuck on the end of a few-line response).

Being an ascii sort of guy (read: "plain text", and pronounced
ask-E'(no comments on my personality, please :-)), I removed the
"Content-type" line from the header. Apparently this makes the
message content disappear. We won't go into the motications of
the Redmond-trained programmers who came up with that one.

I will, heretofore, should editing become necessary, leave those
lines in place, so that those of you who suffer such mail clients
can see the content.

For the curious recipients of empty messages, you can read them in
their entirety in the archives at communication.ucsd.edu/shaku/Mail

Mea culpa,

bj

-