[Shaku] Looking for a Shakuhachi Player

From: Jacob Krueger (jake@18breeze.com)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 11:41:13 PDT

Hello,

I'm looking for a Shakuhachi player to perform as part of a play I'm
directing: "The Sound of a Voice" by David Henry Hwang.

Inspired by Japanese Ghost stories, the play is a tragic love story
between a lonely woman who may or may not be a witch, and the aging
Samurai who comes to kill her only to fall in love with her. It's a
beautiful piece, fusing modern dance elements with traditional
Shakuhachi-- and will be quite an opportunity as a musician.

Here's the bad news-- there's no pay-- or at least very little pay.
This play has been a labor of love for everyone involved, so I hope you
will see it as we do-- an opportunity to create some real art for the
stage.

The play premieres Friday, May 20 and runs for two weekends: May 20,
21, and 22 and 27, 28, 29.

Please let me know if you're interested.

Jake Krueger