[Shaku] Eliminating HTML

From: Derek Choice (soundwave1@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat May 14 2005 - 15:47:07 PDT

Howdy all...

It has been mentioned many times to make sure there is no "HTML markup" (I
believe) in list posts/replies. I had always thought it was an issue with
older or improperly configured browsers, but I think I am wrong, and this
might be an easy way to ensure bandwidth is kept at a minimum.

Solution:? (At least in Outlook Express), there is an option under the top
"Format Menu" that allows "Rich Text (HTML)" or "Plain Text". Unless I'm
totally confused about the whole HTML thing, just make just to select the
"Plain Text" option when composing or replying.

There is also an option under "Tools, Options, Send", in the Main Outlook
Express window (when not composing a message), to select "Reply to messages
using the format in which they were sent"... if list posts arrive with no
HTML formatting, checking that box might make sure that replies are always
text only, as well. Hmmm...

Maybe Bruce or someone else can confirm whether or not this is a solution,
or explain exactly what we aren't supposed to do?

Just want to make sure...

:)

Derek