[Shaku] Popular songs

From: Ronald Nelson (ron@komuso.com)
Date: Tue May 17 2005 - 16:04:46 PDT

Hi,

On a lark I looked at the 4800 tracks I've identified
from the ISS discography. (There are a couple
thousand more tracks I haven't identified yet, mostly
modern compositions. Give me a little more time.)

Here are the songs most recorded. I don't think this
means anything, it is just amusing.

(While I try my best to avoid this it is quite
possible that I've inadvertently lumped multiple
versions of a piece under the same name, Sokaku Reibo
for example. To straighten it out I guess I'll need
to listen to each of the 41 recordings of that piece.)

Number of recordings in collection - song title:

  76 Shika no Tone (Kinko Ryu)
  52 Rokudan no Shirabe
  50 Kumoi Jishi
  41 Sokaku Reibo
  40 Midare Rinzetsu
  40 Chidori no Kyoku
  37 Hi Fu Mi Hachigaeshi no Shirabe (Kinko Ryu)
  37 Ajikan (Itchoken)
  35 Tamuke
  34 Sagari Ha (Nezasa Ha)
  33 San'ya Sugagaki