[Shaku] New Tozan-ryu Shakuhachi Gaikyoku Collection/

From: Dcammaro@aol.com
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 19:57:10 PDT

Greetings all,

I haven't read any cd reviews lately, so I thought I would mention the new set sold by Mejiro produced by Victor. It is the 6 cd Tozan-ryu Shakuhachi Gaikyoku Collection. This set is really very good for learning standard Tozan repertoire. I found I was able to play along with a great recording of Yugao. This is a great help since here in NY rehearsing with a Koto player can get to be expensive.

It contains recordings by four different Tozan players including Hozan Yamamoto

This set contains 22 pieces which are broken down. What I mean is that each piece is broken down so you can easily repeat whatever section you wish. Chidori no Kyuko is on three tracks, one for each section.

This same set is sold on the Tozan-Ryu website(for the same price). speaking of price it goes for 15000yen and is well worth the price in my book.

Best to all,
Dominic

By the way keep July 31 open, Plans are underway to have a shakuhachi festival in Central Park in Manhattan. Please join us if you are going to be in town. More about this Later