[Shaku] Fwd: Meri notes

From: Ron Hamady (rhamfilm@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jun 11 2005 - 22:57:40 PDT

 Hi All, I'm having a heck of a time getting acurate
 with my meri notes - both tone and intonation. I'm
 holding steady long tones, going to before and after
 notes repeatedly, changing slow, fast, on and on.
 Progress is very slow. The fact that meri notes are
 combination of head angle, breath speed, finger
 placement, flute angle, embourchure adjustment, and
 probably two or three more variables I haven't even
 noticed, is giving me pause. What am I missing? Any
 practice hints? What worked for you? I know, I know,
 "How do you get to Carnagie Hall?
Practice -Practice - Practice."
 Ron