Re: [Shaku] sleep

From: Tuscia-Falconer (falconer@enternet.co.nz)
Date: Tue Jul 05 2005 - 13:41:58 PDT

Stav,

This is a timely post.
I have just completed a twenty minute relaxation CD with my yoga teacher,
she narrated while I played my flute, I also had a background sound thet
shifted as the sequence developed.
We recently played it at the end of our yoga class of 14 people, mainly
women. This was at 10.00 a.m. note.
Two of the women went to sleep and were lightly snoring, they denied it
afterwards.

But what is interesting is that many of these women have difficulty getting
back to sleep after waking early in the morning and are interested in a
longer piece of music intended to induce sleep.

Also, we are now working on a longer piece that will be more of what is
known as a Yoga Nidra, also called Yogic Sleep or Psychic Sleep, where one's
conscious is relaxed to a point where the sub-conscious arises into
conscious.

To your second poing, yes, I have only been playing for ten months and I use
a flute I have made myself, so I am not what one may call proficient, but
...I appreciate the flute as a meditative tool rather than as a performance
instrument.

I have now made ten flutes that my friends are using for meditation and as a
indicative nave I am calling them "Komuso" flutes rather than
"Shakuhachi"...;-)

Kel.