Re: [Shaku] News

From: Charles Turner (charlesturner9@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 11:15:03 PDT

Tom,

Is there any chance that you would be able to examine this hitoyogiri and possibly be
able to reproduce it, or something like it? Ever since I read about this predecessor to
the shakuhachi I have been curious as to what its real capabilities were.

A flute with this much history attached ought to be carefully preserved, of course, but a
reproduction would also be a preservation, in a way.

This is exciting - wish I could hear the performance.

Charles Turner