RE: [Shaku] sleep

From: Cal Pruitt (potatohog@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 06 2005 - 17:02:14 PDT

I have to admit... I`ve always loved music. But whenever I go to a concert,
no matter how much I`m enjoying the concert, no matter how interested I am
in listening to the music... I get sleepy. I`ve started taking caffinated
drinks to concerts in an effort to stay away. It hasn`t worked.

I went to my sensei`s concert several months back (a recital, really, but I
didn`t feel ready to perform in front of strangers at the time) and I ended
up dozing off. Even when I`m at my sensei`s house, letting his other
students practice with him before I take my turn... I keep dozing off.
Despite the fact that his wife keeps pouring us green tea.

I`m glad I`m not the only one with this problem. It`s rather embarrassing
for me. I really am very interested in listening! But I always fall asleep.
Especially with Shakuhachi. It makes a very restful sound.

~Rachael