Re: [Shaku] Ikkyu shakuhachi poems

From: Stephanie Hiller (stephaniehiller9@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 02:12:41 PDT

Hi and thanks to all that replied to my post,

Thanks for your replies - well, the trouble is, I
don't really know which poems I'm looking for - not
very helpful, I know! I just had heard that Ikkyu
played the shakuhachi and that he mentioned it and/or
music in many of his poems. I have had a search, but
only managed to find the one I posted. I just thought
they'd be lovely to have and maybe could inspire a
shakuhachi composition or 2 sometime in the future.

However, from what Bruce said, perhaps this is not the
case - I know he certainly wrote a lot about sex - I
have found those too.

Oh well - I guess I can have another search on the
internet and see if I have any more luck.

Happy playing and thanks again,
Stephanie