Re: [Shaku] The moldy shakuhachi syndrome

From: Kiku Day (kikuescargot@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 01 2005 - 08:01:10 PDT

I have only had one shakuhachi that had the mold problem. For this
particular flute, when oiling it inside, I have added a drop or two of
either lavender or tea tree oil. Especially lavender oil makes the flute
smell good and both oils have qnti-fungal properties.
I think the lavender/tea tree oil is a good sollution for prevention, so I
would suggest to clean the flute out with alcohol or something that people
have suggested, and then perhaps use teh essential oil solution.

Kiku