Re: [Shaku] News from London

From: Justin . (justinasia@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Aug 12 2005 - 11:15:39 PDT

Hi
Does anyone have Murai Eigoro's contact details? If
you could send them to me off-list it would be much
appreciated.
And to let you know, the Hiroshima event we had here
in London went very well. A monk came to do the peace
ceremony, and gave a very moving speech afterwards.
Really touching. After that we did our various pieces
(honkyoku, shinkyoku and sankyoku) until the close of
the official performance, and then scattered
throughout the gallery to give informal solos and
duets. It was really fun and the atmoshphere was very
relaxed and friendly. There was even a workshop for
making origami cranes!
I notated Kakashi myself in the end, so if anyone is
in need of that piece and I can find a scanner...
Best wishes to all of you
Justin.