[Shaku] From the virtual to the real...

From: Paul Cohen (paulcohen@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 16:33:15 PDT

Hello,

While I continue to learn shakuhachi I've also been continuing my
experiments in the virtual world of Second Life.

I made a virtual flute which I sell/give away in world at
http://www.slexchange.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=
16985

An interesting evolution was a recent performance put on by a group of
swedish artists who set up a concert to broadcast from the game back
into real life.
An interesting twist.

I did two short performances with my virtual flute, one accompanied by a
rainstick and another by didgeridoo.
http://www.theport.tv/wp/wordpress/ has a couple of photo's of the
event.

I can't say my playing was fantastic (as I have a loooong way to go),
but people seemed to like it and appreciated the artistic intent behind
it:-)

Happy blowing,
pc