[Shaku] A Shakukana tip

From: Charles Turner (charlesturner9@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 29 2005 - 11:35:23 PDT

Regarding the use of the Shakukana font:

I sometimes use a flowcharting program with the Shakukana font, and I find that it helps
to use the Windows 'On-Screen Keyboard', found in the Accessories\Accessability entry in
the Programs list. Then you can always see which characters are connected to which keys.

I find the Shakukana font useful but a bit frustrating, because it doesn't have a few of
the characters that I often want, like beat marks. Also, the numbers are huge, so I have
to reduce their size in order to indicate ornaments, and then they sit at the bottom of
the symbol I have placed them next to, which looks wrong.

If there still is no good software for shakuhachi notation by the time I retire, I am
going to write something myself and donate it to the shakuhachi community. There must be
some better way to do this than placing each little symbol separately!