Re: [Shaku] RE: Pitch - psychoacoustics

From: Justin . (justinasia@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 12 2005 - 00:30:18 PDT

--- Phil Nyokai James <nyokai@nyokai.com> wrote:
 I believe that when you hear a recording of a
> RO your lips,
> mouth, head, and fingers consciously or
> unconsciously move toward a
> "rehearsal" of that sound, and when a subsequent TSU
> NO MERI comes along
> those same muscles subtly adjust to the new pitch.

When I was doing the pitch analysis, I had to go
throughh the pieces and write down the values for the
notes, and of course I had to write them down in the
right places. Sometimes I would start to write
tsu-meri values in the chi-meri column, or visa versa.
But I would check of course at the display of the
western pitch names (eg Cflat or whatever) and then
see oh, that's the other other one! So, for me the
memory of which note it was was I think from the pitch
interval, and the colour, so as tsu-meri and chi-meri
are both dark and with that same pitch interval
relative to their surrounding notes, they can sound
the same to me.
Justin.