[Shaku] John Niemi Shakuhachi's for sale

From: Robert Blyman (bblyman2000@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 14:34:31 PDT

Hello Everyone - I have two John Niemi Jinashi
shakuhachi's for sale(no lacquer in bore and natural
bamboo utaguchi). One is a 1.8 the other a 1.7.
Both are made out of 20 year old Japanese Madake. As
with most of John's flutes the quality of the bamboo
does not reflect the quality of the flutes. The
intonation is not the greatest. The 1.7 is better
than the 1.8. I used these flutes just to play on as
many shak's as I could to get an idea of what to look
for when I purchased a higher quality instrument. I
also used them to develope my embouchure to be able to
adapt to different type flutes. If any one is
interested pleas contact me off line at:
"bblyman2000@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot, Bob Blyman.

        =09