[Shaku] Shakuhachi in the opera WET in L.A. Dec 1-3

From: Kiku Day (kikuescargot@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 29 2005 - 23:16:38 PST

Hello!

I just wanted to tell other shakuhachi lovers that if you wanted to see the
shakuhachi in an unusual combination, I am playing in an opera called WET.
The music ensemble consist of chamber ensemble, pedal steel guitar,
didgeridoo, tuba and shakuhachi. The performances take place in Disney
Hall's RedCat Theatre in Los Angeles.
The opera is great! Very political libretto and fantastic music!
The music is by Anne LeBaron and the libretto by Terese Svoboda.

More info: wettheopera.com/

Kiku