Re: [Shaku] RE: shakuhachi tuning...

From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@enternet.co.nz>
Date: Tue Jan 10 2006 - 13:39:03 PST

Thanks Joel and Charles.

I have 'Blowing Zen' by Ray Brooks, not the same book. I will get the Car=
Abbott book.

I am tapering the inside of the hole with a round wood file and then a
chainsaw file. What are you using ?

Those hole positions look similar to what Monty mentions in his booklet
where the upper holes are 10% of the length. I am also using that but not
with the percentages you give so thanks for those, I will explore them an=
do some comparisons. They interestingly differ from the '42.8 48.9 60.4
69.0 and 78.5' version.

The room concept looks very useful and is something I have not yet explor=
ed,
I assume the figures you give are percentages of length, is your figure f=
or
room 4 correct at '58L' or should that be '68L' ?

I have been reading that site on a daily basis lately Charles, I prefer
bamboo to PVC, the unexpected feels more like 'real life' and keeps my
curiosity threshold at a higher level. ;-)

Definitely the more culms I work through the more discriminating I am
becoming about what culm to accept in the first instance.

Kel. =A7