[Shaku] Things to do in Kansai

From: Smith Joshua <sumisujoshu@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Feb 09 2006 - 18:20:55 PST

Hi James,
  In Kyoto I would visit Myoanji, located inside of Tofukuji. There might
not be anyone there but historically it's a place to visit. In Nara there
is a Buddhist museum which apparently holds some of the oldest shakuhachi
in Japan, but I haven't visited it yet. Another historical place might be
Ikkyu-ji in Kyoto. Kurahashi sensei lives in Kyoto and would be a great
person to talk to/take a lesson from, but I'm not sure when he will be back
from his touring in North America. I'm a graduate student at Osaka
University and we are on spring break then so if you had time and wanted to
meet up let me know. If you let me know some of your dates I could check
the Hogaku Journal and what not to see about what concerts are happening
during that time.
Josh Smith