[Shaku] bamboo

From: Igor Ost <igor.ost@skynet.be>
Date: Fri Feb 10 2006 - 01:27:37 PST

Hello blowing people,

I've got a question, I have a peace of land on a hillside where I have to
cut the trees, I want to make a madake plantation at that location, becau=
se
after the research I have done I think the conditions are quite right for
madake. When I search for madake I find as a scientific name Phyllostachy=
bambuso=EFdes , but when I look for the available species in belgium, I a=
lways
find things like Phyllostachys bambuso=EFdes castillonis, Phyllostachys
bambuso=EFdes tanakae, Phyllostachys bambuso=EFdes holochrysa and so on. =
Now I
have to make absolutely sure what the right species is, is Phyllostachys
bambuso=EFdes the whole name for madake or is there a word to add to desc=
ribe
the right subspecies?

Can someone help?

Many thanks,

Igor Ost, Horsemanship, meer plezier met je paard.
http://users.skynet.be/Quartzo/