[Shaku] 2005 Shakuhachi Scholarship

From: Monty H. Levenson <monty@shakuhachi.com>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 18:08:45 PST

I am very pleased to announce the recipients of this year's
Shakuhachi Scholarship honoring the memory of master craftsman Masuda
Shuho. Twenty-seven applicants ranging in age from 15 to 65, residing
in the USA, Canda, Mexico, Europe, Australia and New Zealand were
considered for the awards.

It was exceedingly difficult for Kayo and I to chose from amongst all
of the worthy individuals who applied. It was a moving experience for
both of us to read their stories. Each and every one of the
applicants deserves recognition for their hard work and dedication to
shakuhachi.

Many thanks to those who have applied, written letters of
recommendation and generously donated to the scholarship fund so that
we were able to double the total of this year's awards. Your
participation is greatly appreciated.

Congratulations to the recipients: Scott Cairo, Prem-Steve DeYoung,
Darren Hull, Jeffrey B. Jones, Marenglen Skendo, Leonel Olivares
Olalde and Ariel Guerreso.

For more information, go to:
http://www.shakuhachi.com/TOC-Scholarship.html
and