Re: [Shaku] amusing breakthrough

From: Gary Dempsey <tallgary@dock.net>
Date: Tue Apr 11 2006 - 14:21:03 PDT

I wonder if it would be possible to combine that with Mongolian overtone singing.
There is a four day course in Mongolian overtone singing in London this summer
from July 24 - 27 at the SOAS World Music Summer School:
http://www.soas.ac.uk/summermusicschool/Mongolian.html

It is being held, conveniently enough, right after the "Shakuhachi masterclass"
from July 19 - 22:
http://www.soas.ac.uk/summermusicschool/shakuhachi_masterclass.html

Information regarding accommodations (what a deal!) can be found via:
http://www.shakuhachisummer-soas.com/accomodation.html

But then if you have been following Kiku Day's missives you know all this already.
We owe Kiku Day, among a host of others, a great round of applause and thanks
for their efforts to launch, as an adjunct to the "SOAS World Music Summer School,"
"The First Pan-European Shakuhachi Summer School with Koto and Shamisen."

Regards, Gary

-