[Shaku] Shakuhachi for sale

From: nyogetsu <nyogetsu@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Sun Jun 25 2006 - 14:15:52 PDT

Hi Everybody,

This first part of this email is meant for Shakuhachi students/players who
use their right-hands on top, and left hand on the bottom. The rest is meant
for all players.

I have received, from a student who is looking for a 1.9 flute in it's
stead, a custom made AOKI REIBO 2.4 which has its holes off-set to
accommodate right-hands on top, and left hand on the bottom.

It is quite beautiful and has a great tone.
I am selling it for what my student purchased it for (and what I can get any
of you - any length- AOKI REIBO flutes for): $2,500-.

You should know that as AOKI Sensei did the actual work for his father, and
his father would put his HANKO on it, the present AOKI REIBO is really too
busy to make flutes as well. I receive all of the flutes with AOKI's Hanko
(the current Shakuhachi "Living National Treasure") from his son : SHOJI
(who will eventually be Aoki Reibo III).

In Japan, AOKI REIBO sells any flutes with his HANKO to his students for
$5,000-. Because of our long association with each other (for almost 30
years), he is especially nice to me!

Please let me know if you are interested in this or any other AOKI REIBO
flute (unfortunately, any other flutes that are not 1.8's would have to be
ordered now, and I could pick them up next April on my next trip to Japan.
But as I am going to Japan on July 13th this year, I could bring any 1.8s
back from him by July 30th. I am also visiting a favorite maker of mine:
SADAO CHINONE, on this trip, and can bring back any flute of any length for
$2,200-.)

Please contact me if any of you have any interest!

Ronnie