[Shaku] European shakuhachi summer school/fingering chart/European Shakuhachi Society

From: Kiku Day <kikuescargot@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 03:29:16 PDT

Hello everybody.

I hope everybody is enjoying summer (if the are on the northern hemisphere).

As many people know, the very first European shakuhachi summer school is
going to take place in London in just a few moments. Well, it starts
Wednesday next week! : )

Because we have so many schools and styles represented, I have made a
fingering chart where you can compare notation systems of kinko, tozan, KSK
(Yokoyama's school) and Zensabo (Okuda's school).

You can find the figering chart on the summer school website:
www.shakuhachisummer-soas.com

Also on the same website you can find the very first Newsletter for the
European Shakuhachi Society we are in the process of creating.

We are hoping to have started something important for the advancement of
shakuhachi in Europe:
A summer school that hopefully will rotate in different European countries
A Shakuhachi Society where styles of shakuhachi playing will be as equally
represented as possible

Have a look! And we are happy to get feedback!
Take care,
Kiku