[Shaku] Shakuhachi Roots Pilgrimage #3!!!

From: Alcvin and Sandra Ramos <ramos@dccnet.com>
Date: Sun Aug 13 2006 - 00:01:24 PDT

Dear Shakuhachi List,

I'm excited to be giving you the first pre-Shakuhachi Roots Pilgrimage
update of 2006. For information:
www.bamboo-in.com/about-us/rootstrip.htm.

The maximum # of participants for this trip is 8 so please let me know
if you would like to come as soon as possible to insure a spot (there
are only a few left!); also to inform those in Japan the exact # of
people in our group.

The basic outline of the trip is as follows:

Shakuhachi Roots Pilgrimage 2006 (Nov. 1-26, 2006)

The plan is to arrive in Fukuoka (Southern Japan) on November 1 and
spending the first week in southern Japan where we will harvest bamboo
in Kumamoto with Nishimura Koryu (Kokuu's son); visit Musashi
Miyamoto's cave, experience the onsens (hotsprings), visit the newest
Komuso temple in Kumamoto, and meditate at the Komuso Temple, Saiko-ji
(Hakata Iccho-ken). Then we will also participate in our obligatory
visit to the Tsubaki Shinto Shrine in Mie-prefecture to offer
shakuhachi to the gods of music and entertainment and do waterfall
purification as well as visit shakuhachi maker and kyuudo master, Taro
Miura. Then we'll visit Koya-san, center of esoteric buddhism, then
head up to Kyoto to spend several days there; we will have a concert
with the great shakuhachi maker, Yamaguchi Shugetsu and his wife, koto
master, Tomoko in Nara. Then do a three-day sesshin at Eiheiji (Eiheiji
will be confimed on October 10.) We will also participate in a secret
shakuhachi ceremony with shakuhachi master, Yoshio Kurahashi at the
Temple of Ikkyu Sojun, the famous zen monk and haiku poet, on Nov. 21
(this has been confirmed). Then end our trip with harvesting bamboo in
the mountains of Nagano with Atsuya Okuda, as well as visiting the
Komuso temple, Kokutai-ji, also in Nagano. The official end of the the
tour is Nov. 26. We will be leaving back home from Tokyo, Narita
airport. It's going to be a whirlwind trip full of wonderful
experiences!!!

I will be staying in Tokyo an extra week to visit Katsuya Yokoyama
Sensei and then attending the exciting Chichibu Night Festival on Dec.
3. You're all welcome to join me if you like. There'll be opportunity
to take lesson with Kaoru Kakazakai Sensei at his house in Chichibu as
well.

This trip is physically demanding, so please make sure to be in
reasonably good shape, and try to pack is lightly as possible.

As soon as I get confirmation from all the participants I will give you
the price for each person.

Looking forward to another profoundly beautiful journey,

Sincerely,

Alcvin

=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=
Alcvin Takegawa Ramos