[Shaku] The Second Pan-European Shakuhachi Summer School/Festival 2007

From: Kiku Day <kikuescargot@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 05:32:18 PST

To all shakuhachi enthusiasts in Europe and beyond.

Although the preparations for The Second Pan-European Shakuhachi Summer
School 2007 or Rencontre Europenne du Shakuhachi 2007 is in its early
stages, we will announce the dates and place so we all can put it into the
calendar for next summer!

The Summer School will take place in 'Maison du Kleebach', between Munster
and Colmar, which is in Alsace, France, but close to the German border. It
is 80 km (or 45 min by car) from the airport in Basel, Switzerland. 1 hour
in car from Strasbourg and 30 minutes from Freiburg in Germany.

The dates for the Summer School are: Wednesday 4th - Saturday 7th July 2007.

We will be in the mountains, surrounded by forests. Meals will be included
onsite, so the prices will be slightly higher than London 2006, but cheaper
than doing the Summer School and surviving in London!

It will be fantastic! We will have a truly inspiring environment.
We surely hope to see everybody from London 2006 and the people who couldn't
come then.
The main responsible for the organisation of Colmar 2007 are Veronique Piron
and Jim Franklin.
If someone have a desire to host the 2008.... Let us know.
Making this Summer Schools travel in Europe is one of our aims, so everybody
has an opportunity to experience an event like this.

You can have a look at the website for 'La Maison du Kleebach'. It looks
beautiful! There is a map as well, so you can get an impression of the
location. Only in French:
http://maisondukleebach.org/index.php?page=home

See you all there!
KikuThe second pan-European shakuhachi summer school/festival