Re: [Shaku] The Power of Urushi

From: Monica Orso <njrealtor@rcn.com>
Date: Thu Jun 21 2007 - 16:10:23 PDT

--=====================_38705078==.ALT

I used to swell up like that when I had just the lightest contact
with poison ivy. Nothing worked, multiple rounds of steroids,
topicals, you name it. Then a doctor who was "open" to alternative
medicine suggested trying Rhus Tox.
Made from the poison ivy plant, it is a homeopathic remedy that has
helped me tremendously. The theory is that by introducing minute
amounts of the toxin into your system, it will trigger your immune
system, similar to the way vaccinations work. I start taking it early
in the season when I know I will be going outdoors near my poison ivy
infested woods. The dosage I play by ear, but recommended is usually
30c potency, 3-4 pills under the tongue every few hours..

It has not made me completely immune, I get a few little bubbles here
and there which go away in a few days, but nothing like the horrible
disfiguring, swelling, oozing, bleeding etc that I used to get.

Google "rhus tox" and you can find out more, there is a lot written
on it. I swear by it and have had similar responses from friends that
had poison ivy reactions. Not surprisingly, western doctors "poo-poo"
the idea....no $ in it for them I guess.

Hope this helps some of you.

Monica

At 05:51 PM 6/20/2007, you wrote:
>As many of you know, after 30 years I've become allergic to
>urushi. I don't swell up however like poor David. I just get dizzy.
>As to the power of urushi or urushiol, the oil in poison ivy, I have
>some bad news. It's going to get a lot worse. I was alarmed to read
>that global warming will reduce crop nitrogen levels, and
>that Poison ivy prospers under these conditions and will in the
>future grow twice as much as it does now. On top of that, the vines
>will produce greater amounts of the most toxic form of urushiol.
>
>Have to wonder why urushi is used in shukuachi. Maybe it's a macho
>thing, like eating Fugu.
>
>Peter
>

>On 6/20/07 11:55 AM, "Ron Hamady" <rhamfilm@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>Just in case you've never seen the power of urushi.
>

>My dear friend David played my new Yamaguchi Shugetsu 2.3 flute.
>This is the picture 2 days later. Yikes.
>

>Best,
>

>Ron Hamady
>

>Got a little couch potato?
>Check out fun summer activities for kids.
><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz>

--=====================_38705078==.ALT

I used to swell up like that when I had just the lightest contact with
poison ivy. Nothing worked, multiple rounds of steroids, topicals, you
name it. Then a doctor who was &quot;open&quot; to alternative medicine
suggested trying Rhus Tox.<br>
Made from the poison ivy plant, it is a homeopathic remedy that has
helped me tremendously. The theory is that by introducing minute amounts
of the toxin into your system, it will trigger your immune system,
similar to the way vaccinations work. I start taking it early in the
season when I know I will be going outdoors near my poison ivy infested
woods. The dosage I play by ear, but recommended is usually 30c potency,
3-4 pills under the tongue every few hours.. <br><br>
It has not made me completely immune, I get a few little bubbles here and
there which go away in a few days, but nothing like the horrible
disfiguring, swelling, oozing, bleeding etc that I used to get.<br><br>
Google &quot;rhus tox&quot; and you can find out more, there is a lot
written on it. I swear by it and have had similar responses from friends
that had poison ivy reactions. Not surprisingly, western doctors
&quot;poo-poo&quot; the idea....no $ in it for them I guess.<br><br>
Hope this helps some of you.<br><br>
Monica<br><br>
At 05:51 PM 6/20/2007, you wrote:<br>
you know, after 30 years I’ve become allergic to urushi.&nbsp;&nbsp; I
don’t swell up however like poor David.&nbsp; I just get dizzy.<br>
As to the power of urushi or urushiol, the oil in poison ivy, I have some
bad news. It’s going to get a lot worse.&nbsp; I was alarmed to read that
global warming will reduce crop nitrogen levels, and that&nbsp; Poison
ivy prospers under these conditions and will in the future grow twice as
much as it does now.&nbsp; On top of that, the vines will produce greater
amounts of the most toxic form of urushiol. <br><br>
Have to wonder why urushi is used in shukuachi. Maybe it’s a macho thing,
like eating Fugu.<br><br>
Peter<br><br>
On 6/20/07 11:55 AM, &quot;Ron Hamady&quot; &lt;rhamfilm@yahoo.com&gt;
wrote:<br><br>
<dl><br>

<dd>Just in case you've never seen the power of urushi. <br>

<dd>&nbsp; <br>

<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd>&nbsp; <br>

<dd>My dear friend David played my new Yamaguchi Shugetsu 2.3 flute. This
is the picture 2 days later. Yikes.<br>

<dd>&nbsp; <br>

<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd>&nbsp; <br>

<dd>Best, <br>

<dd>&nbsp; <br>

<dd>&nbsp;<br>

<dd>&nbsp; <br>

<dd>Ron Hamady<br>

<dd>&nbsp; <br>

<dd>Got a little couch potato? <br>

<dd>Check out fun summer activities for kids.
&lt;<a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&amp;p=summer+activities+for+kids&amp;cs=bz" eudora="autourl">
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48248/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&amp;p=summer+activities+for+kids&amp;cs=bz</a>
&gt; <br>