Re: [Shaku] The Power of Urushi

From: Ron Hamady <rhamfilm@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 14:34:55 PDT

--0-337488259-1184276095=:72380

This works wonders for a digeredo. (hey, i can play it, but i can't spell=
 it apparantly) Ron

BRIAN RITCHIE <brianritchie@mac.com> wrote: >

> This suggestion could be too crazy but, did you ever
> try pouring water down one? Would at least be a way to
> hear how it might sound with urushi, without having to
> put urushi in it (which you can't exactly take out!)

That's not crazy, it's actually a good representation of what happens=20
when you put one coat of urushi in the bore.

Adding a coat of urushi to the bore of a hocchiku DEFINITELY changes=20
the sound. It makes it more distinct and projects the tone more. We=20
have done experiments with that and it's always the same result.

      =20
---------------------------------
Got a little couch potato?=20
--0-337488259-1184276095=:72380

This works wonders for a digeredo. (hey, i can play it, but i can't spell=
 it apparantly) Ron<BR><BR><B><I>BRIAN RITCHIE &lt;brianritchie@mac.com&g=
t;</I></B> wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE class=3Dreplbq style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px;=
 MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; T=
his suggestion could be too crazy but, did you ever<BR>&gt; try pouring w=
ater down one? Would at least be a way to<BR>&gt; hear how it might sound=
 with urushi, without having to<BR>&gt; put urushi in it (which you can't=
 exactly take out!)<BR><BR>That's not crazy, it's actually a good represe=
ntation of what happens <BR>when you put one coat of urushi in the bore.<=
BR><BR>Adding a coat of urushi to the bore of a hocchiku DEFINITELY chang=
es <BR>the sound. It makes it more distinct and projects the tone more. W=
e <BR>have done experiments with that and it's always the same result.<BR=
>List un/subscription information is
 at:<BR>http://mail.communication.ucsd.edu:88/shaku/listsub.html<BR></BLO=
CKQUOTE><BR><p>&#32;
      <hr size=3D1>Got a little couch potato? <br>
Check out fun <a href=3D"http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=3D48248/*http://searc=
h.yahoo.com/search?fr=3Doni_on_mail&p=3Dsummer+activities+for+kids&cs=3Db=
z">summer activities for kids.</a>
--0-337488259-1184276095=:72380--