RE: [Shaku] The Power of Urushi

From: Justin . <justinasia@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jul 13 2007 - 09:47:11 PDT

Hi Karl
I recommend you thoroughly clean the inside and
outside of your shakuhachi. I would use pure alcohol
(If that's not available perhaps cheap vodka!), but
there may be other solvents even more effective. I
think someone on the list once mentioned something
they use, recently - you could search back for that.
Anyhow, if you use another solvent, I would use
alcohol as well, just to be sure. Then put it in your
humid bag for a while. Maybe even try a few weeks. If
you can, you could let me know how it goes too.
Hopefully this combination should do the job.
Best wishes
Justin

http://mail.communication.ucsd.edu:88/shaku/listsub.html
>=20