Re: [Shaku] The Power of Urushi

From: Stav Tapuch <tapuch@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 14 2007 - 07:57:20 PDT

Hey All,

I am very highly allergic to urushi as well - and interestingly enough my
reaction is limited to my hands which swell up and even crack.

Like Perry I have found that some preventive measures when handling new
flutes can help a lot. In my case I found that washing a new flute down in
technu anti-posion ivy oil remover nuetralizes the problem.

But I am really weirded out (and a tad worried) by the possibility that I
will one day develop the longterm allergy of being no longer able to
tolerate my old flutes. That must be very hard...

Stav AKA Seth