Re: [Shaku] The Power of Urushi

From: Bruce Jones <bjones@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2007 - 10:13:35 PDT

>Does anyone out there know if such anti-poison ivy
>products are available in Europe? Or in Japan also?

>From: Perry Yung <yungflutes@yahoo.com>
>
>I use theCORTAID Brand availabe at CVS and other drugstore chains here
>in the USA. It comes in a box with five packs, each with one large
>disposable wipe. I cut it in half for two usages.

Cortaid is a cortisone-based product, good for healing the rash (or
possible as a prophylactic measure). I don't know how good it would
be at disolving urusiol from the surface of a flute.

My last container of soap was REI brans, but see that they don't
sell it any more. A similar product, Buji Wash, is available at

        http://www.bujiproducts.com/products.html

I wash the entire inside and outside of flutes before venturing
forth.

bj

-