[Shaku] RE: shakuhachi V1 #1166

From: Mark Miller <markm@naropa.edu>
Date: Sat Sep 01 2007 - 08:17:56 PDT

Hi Kiku,

You can add Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado to your list. David Whe=
eler occasionally teaches an introductory course in Japanese music here. A=
s part of this course, students learn a little shakuhachi. David also of=
fers private lessons in shakuhachi through Naropa.

More about Naropa:

Naropa University is a private, nonprofit, nonsectarian liberal arts instit=
ution dedicated to advancing contemplative education. This approach to lea=
rning integrates the best of Eastern and Western educational traditions, he=
lping students know themselves more deeply and engage constructively with o=
thers.

Naropa University comprises a four-year undergraduate college and graduate =
programs in the arts, education, environmental leadership, psychology and r=
eligious studies. It offers BA, BFA, MA, MFA and MDiv degrees, as well as p=
rofessional development training and classes for the community.

Naropa is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central=
 Association of Colleges and Schools (www.ncahigherlearningcommission.org).

Mark

Mark A. Miller
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Education
Associate Professor of Music
Naropa University