Re: [Shaku] UseNet

From: James Jennings <jennings@megaseattle.com>
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 14:39:38 PDT

At 9:12 PM +0900 9/6/07, Tom Deaver wrote:
>Anyone familiar with newsgroups through UseNet? No results for a search for
>a newsgroup with shakuhachi in the name. Anyone know how to start a new
>newsgroup?

There is a specific proposal and voting procedure.
        <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/>

Since you need 100 more yes votes than no votes (as well as a 2/3rds
majority) I presume you need at least 100 votes. That might take a
little doing. We are a small community and Usenet isn't on people's
radar much these days.

Is there a particular reason you want to make a shakuhachi Usenet
group? What advantages would that have over this mailing list?

James