[Shaku] Gudo Ishibashi and Sugawa Kyorei flutes

From: Nicholas Pierotti <eurydice@cruzio.com>
Date: Tue Sep 25 2007 - 22:42:41 PDT

I have been forced, due to a recurring neck problem, to focus my
practice on smaller shakuhachis, because when I play the bigger
flutes, my neck goes out.

My larger instruments include a 2.6 Shakuhachi by Sugawa Kyorei, and
a Gudo Ishibashi 2.8.

Does anybody else experience neck problems in playing the larger
flutes? Do you know of any solutions, or yoga exercises, that would
help me out?

Otherwise, I am simply going to have to part with these beautiful
instruments. They are both such world-class instruments, I would
like to see them go to good homes.

If anyone would like to contact me off-list, I would be happy to send
you pictures of them, to appreciate their beauty.

Nick Pierotti