Re: [Shaku] Gudo Ishibashi and Sugawa Kyorei flutes

From: Robert Blyman <bblyman2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Oct 05 2007 - 18:56:05 PDT

Hi Nicholas - Sorry to hear about your problems. If
you go to the website where you posted this email and
click on author, then look for Robert Blyman you'll
find some very valuable info. I describe how to make
a stand to hold the longer flutes while you play.=20
Also the best physical therapist you'll find anywhere
as well as the book she wrote. She's by Toronto in
Canada. Well worth the trip. Her name is Barbara
Paull. Over two days she'll spend about four hours
with you. Unlike the physical therapists I tried who
just made the problem worse or doctors who were of no
value she diagnosed the problem just by talking to me!
 All that she taught me has made a world of difference
in everything I do, not just shakuhachi. The
Alexander technique as well as Rolfing or medical
massage can also help. If you can't find the info I
can be reached at: bblyman2000@yahoo.com or by phone
in the evenings or weekend: 631-737-1887 est. Hope
this helps and GOOD LUCK, Bob.

P.S. I'm sure the person who suggested doing neck
rolls means very well but I would highly recommend
avoiding these at all costs especially if your problem
is related to the vertebrae in the neck which it more
than likely is. Neck rolls are best avoided by most
people. There are a lot more effective ways to
stretch out the neck then doing neck rolls and a lot
less dangerous. If done properly, which they rarely
are, your better off avoiding them. You can tell if
your doing them improperly by putting ear plugs in
your ears and then executing the neck rolls. If you
hear a grinding type of noise your doing them
improprely wearing away the cartilige. As you can
imagine over time this is not a good thing. =20

P.S. The person who suggested basically=20

http://mail.communication.ucsd.edu:88/shaku/listsub.html
>=20

      =20