[Shaku] Michael Chikuzen Gould visit to San Francisco

From: Karl Young <Karl.Young@ucsf.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 12 2008 - 11:27:16 PDT

We're happy to announce that Michael Chikuzen Gould will be coming back
to San
Fransisco this summer. He's been trying to plan a workshop as a
follow up to last year's but this and that happens. Unfortunately,
Ken LaCosse won't be able to join us this time due to other
obligations. However, Michael felt after the last workshop that he wanted
much more time to spend with everyone so this is it. This will be a
playing workshop and we'll definitely base much of it on
chanting. He'd also like to cover territory that sheds light on how
to practice effectively. There are fun and effective ways to
approach this and he is looking forward to showing you how. The workshop
is open to everyone no matter how long you have been playing or
what level you are at.

The workshop will be held at Karl Young's house if we don't get more
than 6 or 7 people interested in attending. If more than 7 register
then we will switch to another venue TBD.

PLACE: Karl's address: 172 Parker Ave. #303 SF 94118

Date/Time: July 26; 12:00 noon~5:00PM with a short break around 2:45
for 15'.

Fee: $75.

Songs: 1.Chanting Shichibongosan
    2.Henro; a Pilgrimage Duet
    3.Goeika: pilgrimage song (solo)
    4.open to request

PRIVATE LESSONS:

Michael will be at Karl Young's house where private lessons will be offered
on Friday 7/25 & Sunday 7/27 from 10am~6pm. Lessons are 75' each and
$50/lesson. First come first serve for available times. Double lesson
time is possible.

Contact Michael at chikuzen@earthlink.net for questions pertaining to
registration or lessons. If you're are registering, simply send a
check to Michael Gould at my Cleveland Heights address at the end of
this letter and drop me an email to let me know.

Please also let Karl Young know if you are interested in attending the
workshop (even if you are currently unsure about whether you will be
able to attend),the earlier the better, so he can make arrangements
in terms of location. His phone # is 415-750-9463 but he will be in
Australia from June 13th through July 9th so best method is to email
him at karl dot young at ucsf dot edu

Thanks for your time and Michael looks forward to spending time playing
shakuhachi together in San Fransisco again.

--
Karl Young
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, UCSF