[Shaku] Peter Hill in LA Aug 17 & 18

From: Bruce Jones <bjones@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu Jul 31 2008 - 08:37:52 PDT

The plans are set and Peter Hill will be in LA the weekend of August 17
& 18.

The main events will be at Pomona College on Saturday, with a few lesson
slots available at Bill Schultz's house in Marina del Rey on Sunday.

Saturday will start with a one-hour group class on embrochure and the
production of meri notes - two subjects that Peter has made a specific
study of, and has many useful things to teach. That class will start
at 9:30.

The group class will be followed by individual lessons.

There are a limited number of lesson slots available. Please contact
me to schedule a time.

In addition to the lessons, Peter is bringing a few flutes along for
people to look at and play. I will have Masa's kimonos and the rest
of Masa's flutes - a few shakuhachi and a variety of yokobue - to offer
to folks.

After the individual lessons we will break for dinner. And after dinner,
time permitting, Peter will give a talk on antique and classic shakuhachi.
Peter has been buying and selling flutes for more than 20 years and
has a lot of experience with used and antique instruments so the talk
promises to be both interesting and informative.

The cost of the group class and a one-hour lesson is $80. For those
who are not interested in both, individual lessons are $60 and the group
class is $25.

No charge for the talk on antique and classical shakuhachi. Guests
welcome.

Again, please contact me asap regarding a timeslot for a lesson.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing you all!

Bruce