[Shaku] Jin Nyodo *Victor* LPs???

From: Bruce Jones <bjones@weber.ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 15:13:03 PDT

I recently came by seven LPs of Jin Nyodo's playing, distributed by
Victor/Japan.

At first I thought these were just the same as the six LPs in the Techiku
set, with the other pieces that were "discovered" and added to the CDs
when they came out.

Then I started comparing what was on the LPs with what the CD program
shows, and determined that there are pieces on these LPs that are NOT
on either the Techiku LPs or the CD set. Mostly they are just different
versions of pieces from the other recordings.

The one major difference I've found so far is that Akita Sugagaki is on
one of these LPs and it's not in the CD set.

When I first got these, I googled up something and found that they may
be part of a 12 LP set. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find that
same site with google again.

I put the covers up at
http://communication.ucsd.edu/bjones/Jin-Nyodo_Victor/

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has information
regarding this set of LPs.

Thanks