Re: [Shaku] Circled numbers on Kinko scores??

From: Justin . <justinasia@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Aug 31 2009 - 19:22:49 PDT

Hi Bruce
Nowadays people don't pay any attention to the numbers. In the old days the way to use the numbers was like this - start at the beginning, and play through until you come to number 1, then skip from there to number 2. Continue playing from there until you reach number 3, at which point you skip to number 4, and so on.

Jin Nyodo was Miura Kindo's student so I guess he was following him. Kindo and Rodo were students of Araki Chikuo, on whose scores they based their own, and which contain these numbers though their origin is older.

Justin Senryu
http://senryushakuhachi.com/