[Shaku] Kakizakai visit to SF in December

From: Young, Karl <karl.young@ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed Oct 21 2009 - 22:33:19 PDT

This is just a reminder that shakuhachi master (and teacher extraordinaire) Kaoru Kakizakai will be briefly visiting San Francisco in December. He will be arriving on Friday afternoon Dec. 11th and leaving on Monday morning Dec. 14th.

He will be giving dinner concerts at Phil Gelb's on Friday on Saturday evenings (accompanied by Phil's amazing vegan cuisine - that's a combination you shouldn't miss !). I believe Saturday is already sold out and it would be good to contact Phil soon (phil@philipgelb.com) if you are interested in any of the few remaining seats for Friday.

In any case that leaves a little time on Friday afternoon and most of Saturday and Sunday for lessons. Some have already contacted me and I intend to start filling in times so let me know as soon as is convenient if you'd like to schedule any lessons; they will be at my house in San Francisco and I will provide directions for those signing up. And, given that I've been asked about this, a note to those unfamiliar with shakuhachi lesson protocol - it is typical (and useful !) for students to come early or stay after their lessons to listen to the lessons of other students. Cheers,

- Karl Young
karl.young@ucsf.edu

List un/subscription information is at:
http://mail.communication.ucsd.edu:9090/guest/RemoteListSummary/shakuhachi