[Shaku] Kaoru Kakizakai visiting San Francisco in November

From: Karl Young <karlshak@sonic.net>
Date: Thu Oct 28 2010 - 10:43:47 PDT

I wanted to let people know that shakuhachi master Kaoru Kakizakai will
be visiting San Francisco from Friday, November 19 though Monday,
November 22.

He will be available for lessons starting on Friday afternoon and going
through
Sunday afternoon. Lesson slots usually fill pretty quickly so let me
(karlshak@sonic.net) know as soon as you can whether you're interested in a
lesson(s) and what time slots you'd like.

No concerts are scheduled for this trip but Kakizakai sensei will be
playing
a short set at a party that the minyo group that I work with is throwing
for it's
donors on Sunday, Nov. 21, at 6 PM. The purpose of the party is for the
group
to show it's appreciation for the fact that the sponsorship provided by the
donors allowed the dance troupe arm of the group to learn some traditional
Japanese dances and purchase the appropriate costumes in Japan. So the
group
will perform one of those dances as well as some minyo pieces after
Kakizakai
sensei's set. The setting is the new Crissy Field Center building with
beautiful panoramic views of San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge and
the Marin Headlands. It should be a fun evening of music and schmoozing and
the group has decided to sell tickets to the event for $10 as there is some
additional space (though the space is still limited so try to let me know
in advance if you'd like to attend so we can get a rough head count before
the event).

Cheers and hope to see some of you in November,

-- Karl

PS Go Giants ! (sorry Rangers fans, couldn't resist...)