Re: [Shaku] CD release

From: Gary Dempsey <tallgary@dock.net>
Date: Thu Sep 29 2011 - 19:51:08 PDT

Hi Karl,
Yeah, I can understand that cleaning bill:http://www.online-mixing.com/wp271/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/image.jpegThat is some powerful blowing!As a non-musician I can't believe that what I did to Take 5 was somewhat recognizable. I still noodle around on it. Although, perhaps not yet listenable, it is better than then.I haven't decided on Kyoto:http://2012worldshakuhachifestival.wordpress.com/But a couple days ago I ordered this book published earlier this year:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/4805309180Whether done in an armchair or by shoe leather, it looks fun.How about you? But of course; you will be a much-anticipated performer. You will have contractual obligations to attend.Hope to see you there (if I decide to go).Cheers, Gary-----Original Message-----From: "Karl Young" <karlshak@sonic.net>
Sent 9/29/2011 3:49:22 PM
To: Shakuhachi@communication.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: [Shaku] CD releaseHey Gary,
Thanks. But I'm not sure I lived up to your Take 5 standard !
Re. hurricanes, I did get quite a cleaning bill from the studio...
Are you going to Kyoto ?
Karl