[Shaku] New shakuhachi improvisation audio blog

From: Dan Gutwein <dangutwein@comcast.net>
Date: Thu Oct 20 2011 - 19:14:52 PDT

My teacher, Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin, has asked me to present a
workshop at our East Coast Shakuhachi Camp in 2012. Since I was a
professional jazz musician in the 1970s and 80s, I thought would be a
challenge to make shakuhachi improvisation my topic. I am using this journal
as a way to develop my ideas for the workshop, to create a little
pre-workshop interest, and more importantly, to explore an approach to
improvising that is musically and psychologically integrative. My goal is to
work toward my more mature improvisatory voice, with strong roots in
shakuhachi aesthetics, phrasing, and the structural rethoric of honkyoku.
So, please check out http://www.BlowingBamboo.com

Dan Gutwein

http://www.BlowingBamboo.com <http://www.blowingbamboo.com/>