RE: Shakuhachi-is there anything else?

From: allen@mst.csiro.au
Date: Tue Jan 13 1998 - 21:59:40 PST

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:38:58 +1000
graham ranft <ranftg@interact.net.au> wrote:

>Hi All...just another post to stir up the possums! Trust everyone has
>recovered from Xmas and New Year!
>
>Its been very hot here-3-4 weeks of mostly 30+c up to 39c! Not conducive
>to practicing
>shakuhachi...B-(
>
>Is there anyone in OZ reading this list? Like to hear from you. I am
>intending to
>build up a web page soon and will include links to shakuhachi and Zen
>buddhism.
>
>Be happy and well! /\
>
>graham in Canberra!

Graham, would be interested in your web page. The hot weather is all in the
mind. Just sit and focus on the sound and enjoy the experience. It is just
another challenge the shakuhachi presents us. It is good for mental
training and the high temperature does wonders for my flat notes, lifts
them up past 440. All the best to everyone for 1998. Ross, Melbourne,
Australia.