Re: Not in Seattle

From: Philip Gelb (ryokan@hooked.net)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 14:49:46 PDT

it is nice to hear that in Seattle shakuhachi players are coming out to
hear each other play. That is not often the case in the sanfrancisco bay
area where i
live and perform very frequently.
There are numerous players and teachers here, all with very different
styles and approaches. It is rare to see students of other teachers, or
other teachers at my performances. I attend every shakuhachi event in th
area unless i am out of town. Like Peter Ross said, there is much to be
learned, even if you dont particularly like a different approach or style.
amazing how often it seems to be forgotten that this is supposed to be a
zen thing> :)

phil (currently on tour and in the wee town of deland, florida)