beginner

From: Walter Dickescheid (wdickesc@datum.hn)
Date: Sat Mar 27 1999 - 02:31:07 PST

I'm new on the list an an absolute beginner. I know some recordings, but
by myself actually I make (only?) computer music.
I have 2 shakuhachis: 1 wooden Zen-On + 1 second hand bamboo instrument
and also some other flutes, like a Bolivian Quena etc. I get reasonable
sounds out them, but that's all. Where and how to start? I live in
Honduras and there is no teacher (even there seemed to be a active
Japanese music group). It is possible to make shakuhachi music without a
teacher? How to start?
Thanks for any advice
Walter