Re: Shakuhachi Prayer

From: Hiroshi Kato (hikato@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 01:56:20 PDT

<DIV>
<P>Phil:</P>
<P>I respect you as a&nbsp; Shakuhachi artist and admire your compassion for all human life, but you are &quot;out of line.&quot;&nbsp; Your timing is terrible, and this is not the forum for such comments.</P>
<P>To whom it may concern:&nbsp; please take my name off this list.&nbsp; Thank you</P>
<P>Hiroshi Kato<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: Philip Gelb<RYOKAN@VALUE.NET>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: shakuhachi@weber.ucsd.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: Shakuhachi Prayer
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:37:19 -0700
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Although these attacks are obviously horrible, those of us that are
<DIV></DIV>&gt;americans must realise that the barbaric foreign policies of our
<DIV></DIV>&gt;country have been instilling this kind of terror on numerous
<DIV></DIV>&gt;countries for decades. If we do not demand our own government to
<DIV></DIV>&gt;change the way it treats people outside of our borders (and inside!)
<DIV></DIV>&gt;then unfortunately we are going to be victims of these kinds of
<DIV></DIV>&gt;attacks over and over again.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;My heart goes out to all the victims of these attacks. My heart also
<DIV></DIV>&gt;goes out to all the victims of the American bombing of Iraq which
<DIV></DIV>&gt;still goes on even though the so called gulf war ended a long time
<DIV></DIV>&gt;ago.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;All human life matters! Not just american lives.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;What frightens me more than these attacks is the propoganda i keep
<DIV></DIV>&gt;hearing on the news saying we must go to war and get revenge. And an
<DIV></DIV>&gt;incredible amount of anti arab and anti islamic propoganda is in
<DIV></DIV>&gt;serious abundance on the streets of sanfrancisco today.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I grew up in new york city and watched the twin towers being built.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;I
<DIV></DIV>&gt;never imagined the skyline without them since they were built.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;phil
<DIV></DIV>&gt;--
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Philip Gelb